16.6.11

Public Enemy #1

They are terrorists.  They bombard your space and destroy everything in their path.  They cling to you and won’t let go.  You can kill them, but they will always have a brother ready to step in and take their place.  But I am waging war, and this is a battle I refuse to lose.  I will take no prisoners.  I aim to kill.


All joking aside, these little buggers are nasty.  They are eating up my roses, grapes, cherry trees, crepe myrtle, etc.  What do they not eat?  At first I tried knocking them into a bucket of water to kill them, but the next day there would be hundreds more.  So now I have four beetle bags hanging to catch them and I have sprayed what plants I can with insecticide.  Seems to work.  We have caught thousands of beetles and each day we empty all the bags into a bucket of water, put the lid on, and let them cook out in the sun.  (Is it sick that I enjoy the thought of them roasting?)  Our plants are doing much better now, with only a few beetles brave enough to land on them.  Sweet victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment